- War in Afghanistan. Why? Are we Americans safer now than when we engaged our military there? Nope. At the cost of over 2,200 dead Americans are we any more free than when we began? Nope. It is a myth that at the end (if it ever ends…) of Operation Enduring Freedom American will be any safer or more free. We should get our stuff and our people out of that place NOW.
- Affordable Health Care Act. Funny thing is it is neither affordable nor is it health care. It is unaffordable and is an insurance rip off, not health care. President Obama empty promises are coming home to roost. Everyone knows he and others promised things that were not true. In the next several months we will begin to see just how badly we were lied to. If you think cancellations are bad now just wait until 2014 when employer-provided plans start dropping people like crazy! There is nothing to like about this law. It is a giant Ponzi scheme that relies on millions of healthy people paying premiums. It’s sort of like some marketing scam some dude tries to sell you on. The premise of the “business” is that many, many people will do nothing more than pay an entrance fee or annual membership fee and get nothing. Oh, it works, for the ones at the narrowest part of the pyramid. In the case of Obama Care, the government is the scam artists. The goal is not your health insurance, better and cheaper than ever. The goal is to squash insurance companies and in the end have every bird feeding out of the hand of Uncle Sam. It’s a stepping stone to full-blown socialism.
- Obama and Iran. I suppose the wind of hot air coming from D.C. blew Obama’s “red line in the sand” away. Sadly, the world knows our President is all huff and puff and nothing more. He is unbelievable in the truest sense of the word. It seems to me that some time in the near future the state of Israel will be forced to take care of business. In fact, there is some talk about that Saudi Arabia might partner with them in doing what needs to be done.
- Vance McAllister won! A virtual unknown and self-made multimillionaire is the new congressman from the 5th district of Louisiana. With the endorsement of the Duck Commander guys and the negative campaigning by his opponent, Neil Riser, McAllister easily won the run-off election by a wide margin. Congressman McAllister will fill year term left by the exiting Rep. Rodney Alexander. So, many of those who supported Vance McAllister (Democrats) will be his most vocal opponents in the next election in November of 2014. Politics is an odd thing huh? Both McAllister and Riser spent almost a million bucks each on their respective campaigns. Why would anyone spend that much mullah for a chance at a job that pays $174,000 per year? I wish I didn’t know. I wish our new congressman well and hope he is a great rep for our people.
- Wine or Whine? Duck Commander Wines will soon be available on the grocery store shelves at Wal-Mart. Many church folks are very vocally opposed and others not. Who is right? You will have to decide for yourself. This is interesting, very interesting. Christian groups (including Mormons…(another debate for another time)) that preach and teach their flocks to be teetotalers have much higher rates of alcoholism than groups that teach alcohol is acceptable in moderation. I don’t think this proves anything scientific, it’s just interesting. My take is that if it’s the use of wine, how we do what we do on Sunday together, doctrine, and or theology, when we go further than the Bible does we are usually wrong. God does not need any help in the purity department. We don’t make people more godly or holy by enforcing rules God doesn’t. Isn’t that a good rule of thumb? I think so. I recommend these three studies for your reading pleasure. Yes, I will quickly admit they are conclusions with which I largely agree. Two were written by church of Christ men that I know and respect and one by a pastor of a Bible church that I don’t know but agree with on this topic. Strong Drink , May A Christian Drink Wine? , What does the Bible say about drinking wine? (drinking alcohol)? Oh, one other disclaimer is in order I think. I work for Duck Commander.
Ok, that’s my rants for this damp night. I thought cooler weather was in order so the white perch would be biting but we’ve had the back door open all after noon and evening, this is not winter!
In the words of Ron Burgandy (not wine…), “Stay Classy!”
Royce in Funroe, Louisiana