Today the electors of the several states cast their votes and Donald J Trump received more than the magic number of 270. Trump will be the next President of the United States.
Since election night, Democrat operatives, including most of the talking heads of most of the major news outlets, have been busy assessing blame for the loss.
- FBI Director James Comey
- The Electoral College
- Russian Federation President Valdimir Putin
- Angry white men
These four are the most often mentioned excuses for why Hillary Clinton was soundly defeated. I have considered each of these reasons.
- The FBI did release some information regarding Hillary Clinton’s email debacle at a very inconvenient time for Secy Clinton. Did that turn the election to Trump? Hardly. The Democrat base, her core supporters, already knew she was a liar. She had proved beyond any reasonable doubt that she was not closely associated with the truth. The idea that Comey’s revelations, as tame as they were, caused would be voters to go vote for Trump is laughable.
- The Electoral College has served us well for 200 plus years, and still does today. There are two classes of people who object to the Electoral system. The first is angry, hurt, sad, Democrats who can’t face reality and the other is ignorant people who have little knowledge of the Electoral College system. We Americans live in the United States of America. “States” are the pieces of fabric of our country is made of. “States” are extremely important. Except for the genius of the Electoral College “states” would have no voice in national elections. The more populated states (California, Texas, Florida, New York, and Pennsylvania) would decide every election. In the United States Senate there are 100 senators, 2 representing each state of the union. Each state is fairly represented. There are currently a total of 538 electors, corresponding to the 435 Congressmen, the 100 Senators, plus three electors for the District of Columbia as provided for in the Twenty-third Amendment. Each state chooses electors amounting to the combined total of its Senators and Representatives. The Constitution bars any federal official, elected or appointed, from being an elector. No election mechanism is fool proof. The majority is often wrong, President Obama’s election comes to mind. The Electoral College isn’t going anywhere. Our country is not a pure democracy. We are the United States of America, a Constitutional Republic. Never in the history of the world has a political system been more fair or more successful.
- “I heard that someone said” is not proof that the Russians in any way effected our presidential election. Until there is objective proof there is no proof. I would not be shocked that the Russians hacked into the Democrats data bases. I fail to believe that Putin would rather have Donald Trump in the White House rather than Hillary Clinton. The Democrat talking heads and the liberal press have a habit of stating speculation as if it is gospel truth. It an’t! I have a simple proposition. When you have proof, give us the proof. That’s all.
- Bill Clinton is now saying it was “angry white men” who cost his wife the election. I think lying Bill is partially correct. It was also angry white women, angry black people, angry Hispanics, and other angry people who despise the direction of the country for the last 8 years.
I suggest that some high visibility Democrat should be honest and get on CNN and admit that it was Hillary Clinton personally, and the Democrat platform in general, that the American people rejected in favor of a political novice who said what the people were thinking. President Obama has been a dismal failure on every measure I can imagine. Our status around the globe, our economy, or military readiness, race relations, and on and on are far worse than when this unqualified community organizer took office. Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate. Although eminently more qualified than Obama she was a mostly an ineffective Senator with no record of accomplishment, a complete failure as Secretary of State, and a pathological liar. Hardly anyone likes her.
Working people voted for Trump in large percentages. They instinctively know that they are far worse off than they were eight years ago. They are making less money, prices for goods and services are higher, taxes are higher, the national debt is out of control, we are more unsafe at home, unliked globally, and in general have little hope and are ready for change.
President elect Donald Trump, I hope and pray that you are successful. You can hardly do worse.